12/27/08

Naked As The Day

Greetings and salutations. Year after year I tell myself that I'm going to not only make a few good new years resolutions but that I am, in fact, going to keep them all year. Don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about. We all make those silent resolutions in our heads that we're not accountable to keep but stay in the back of our mind all year so that we can feel bad about them the following year. If we do, by chance, make a resolution OUT LOUD it becomes the bane of our exisitence because life become ABOUT keeping that resolution to the point that we give it up.

This year has felt like two full years crammed into one. A couple of deaths, a HUGE breakup, a car wreck, and a more drama than I can stomach are the things that decorate 2008 for me. As I reflect on it, I realize that I have very few people that I trust enough to expose the true rawness of my feelings and emotions to. I have tons of friends (both girls and guys), don't get me wrong. I've also realized that I've resorted to treating a 30-something, semi-single co-worker as my priest as I step into his confessional of an office on an almost daily basis to just drop things on him. Sometimes to get them off my chest. Sometimes just to see how he'll react. Why? Mostly because the circles we run in outside of work rarely overlap and after knowing and working with him for several years I feel like I can actually genuinely trust him to keep it to himself. And to his credit, he has offered some great rebuttals and advice and seems to actually know when to keep his mouth shut and listen. He's a great friend. But I realized something. This guy could write a book about me and my "adventures" in life (not that he would). So...my resolution this year is to beat him to the punch. The resolution I'm making outloud this year is:

Use a blog as my therapy instead of my co-worker. That poor guy needs a f'ing break. :-)

Oh I'll still tell him stuff...mostly because I've grown attached to spending time with him (that's a WHOLE different issue that we'll get into later). I'm not trying to change myself or make myself better. I am who I am. But when I get to the end of 2009 I want a record of my choices, both good and bad, so that I will only have myself to blame or thank. Plus I'm betting if anyone reads this...they're eventually going to laugh their ass of either at me or with me. Your choice.

With that said...my name is AJ (not really). Welcome to "Naked As The Day"...

No comments:

Post a Comment