8/11/09

Question Tuesday

So the question of the week is: What's your favorite smell? Well, I couldn't narrow this down to just one...so I have a top 5.

1. Freshly cut grass - reminds me of summa time! Usually around April/May in Tulsa people would start mowing their lawns on a regular basis and this smell would fill the air. To me, that indicated the start of summer. Here in Boulder, I didn't have that experience. I know people mow their lawns but it must be the lack of heat/humidity or something. One thing I miss about Oklahoma.

2. ck One cologne - It's what the boy wears and I. love. it. Sometimes I'll find a way to lay my head on his shoulder just so I can smell it. It's what wakes me up every morning. He gets up before me and showers and I usually wake up while he's shaving. It wafts into the room usually followed by him...coming to wake me up.

3. Christmas trees - I'm a Christmas freak. Seriously, it's not even funny how much I love Christmas. I love the smell of real trees...especially with cinnamon potpourri simmering somewhere. Yeah, I'm a nerd. Sue me.

4. Puppy breath - new puppies, when they nibble on your nose. In the words of Brookie Brooke "le sigh".

5. Houses at Thanksgiving - the smells of all the foods melded into one harmonious, tasty, "come eat me" fragrance. It's the smell that lulls you to sleep while you're laying on the couch watching football praying for death because you've eaten so much. It lingers in the house well into the next day. Yeah, that smell...

Check out the answer from my girl, Vonda, over at "It's What's In The Soul"!


God willing, our dear Brooke will be back from her summer adventures across the pond and will rejoin Vonda and I for the question game again next week! It's about DAMN time!

1 comment:

  1. I totally forgot about Christmas trees! For that matter, anything Christmas related, and candles, esp. cinnamon! MMMM YUM!

    ReplyDelete